Dr Kamat’s DED hypothesis on COVID 19
Why our Dirtiness Will Save Us from COVID-19?
Kamat’s hypothesis on INDIAN SUBCONTINENTAL DIRTINESS EXPOSURE DIVIDEND (DED) FLATTENING THE CURVE
(All copyrights reserved, 2020)
Dr. Nandkumar Kamat
(M.Sc. Biochemistry, PhD Microbiology)
An argument , hypothesis and prediction based on ecological, sociomedical, epigenomic, epigenetic and immunological grounds
- INDIA AND INDIANS ARE GOING TO WIN THIS WAR BECAUSE FORTUNATELY DESPITE MAXIMUM EFFORTS BY GLOBAL BRANDS WE HAVE NOT YET FULLY CONVERTED OURSELVES TO SANITIZED AND HYGIENE FREAKY STERILE WESTERN LIFESTYLE
- Except the beneficiaries of National immunization mission most of Indians above 40 years are exposed to acute and chronic immune system challenges from air, water, food, soil for decades
- Dirtiness is part of Indian culture because in all our outdoor activities we never care about sanitized or sterile environment
- Herd immunity develops automatically among Indian communities and huge congregations like Kumbh have shown the resilience of Indians assembling in huge numbers
- Water of sacred Ganga river is teeming in viruses but millions take dip and come out unscathed
- The entire food production, harvesting, storage, supply chain ecposes Indians to tremendous pathogen load
- Fermented foods are integral part of Indian culture this developing a totally different Indian guy microbiome
- Indians get exposed continuously to more viruses from childhood like riots viruses, common cold viruses, mosquito and other vector borne viruses and develop antibodies against hundreds of such strains as they grow up this continuously training the immune system to new threats from air or water or food
- The Dirtiness EXPOSURE DIVIDEND of Indians is an asset for expression of the genes required to recognise novel viral antigens. Unfortunately such immune challenges are missing in highly urbanized urban societies like in Europe and USA which are obsessed with sanitized and sterile environment
- The diverse tropical and subtropical ecological and environment conditions in Indian subcontinent makes it difficult for temperature and humidity sensitive respiratory viruses to produce mass morbidity in a genetically heterogeneous population divided in four distinct racial types
So basically the attacking viruses need to really succeed to defeat immune systems of Indians acclimatized to numerous immunity challenges over decades. A differential analysis of present morbidity and mortality cases in India would reveal that those who are getting Infected have been used to work in sanitized environment or had other pre-existing complications with weakened immune systems.
In short , INDIA CANT PHOTOSTATIC ALLY COPY THE SANITIZED LIFESTYLE OF THE WESTERNERS
EXPOSURE of the children to some dirt outdoor is good.
I predict that in same way many poor countries in Africa and Latin America will survive due to DED
AFRICA WILL SHOW TREMENDOUS RESISTANCE TO COVID19
So it’s our unique microbiome, exposure to numerous diverse pathogens and viruses and our collective success to face immune challenges which woluld help us and even other SAARC countries to flatten the curve by end of APRIL
BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN WE MUST NOT TAKE STANDARD PRECAUTIONS and distribute COVID19.
THE THREE WEEKS NATIONAL LOCK DOWN is test of our discipline and patience and if everyone falls in line the overall epidemiological factors will tremendously reduce the COVID19 burden. South Korea understood this very well.
It was having DED till 1965 and later it imitated USA in building an industrial society
But their East Asiatic genome is equally resilient.
South East Asian nations have nothing to worry due to DED.
THE FOLLOWING Benchmarks are set here to test my DED hypothesis as of today Marc 30,2020. Check them yourself on April 14 and then recommend me for a Nobel prize.
- If DED has already started working then India won’t see even 5000 cases till April 2-5, 2020
- If DED works then India WOULD NOT HAVE even ,10000 cases till April 14, 2020 which is a very negligible number
- If India reports less than 1000 deaths by April 14 , 2020 it’s total proof that the curve was not flattened only due to lockdown but DED
- INDIA CAN BE DECLARED COVID19 only if the rate of new cases and deaths fall after April 14, 2020
I am confident that INDIA will win this war against the invisible enemy due to our DED
as we watch total mayhem in so called Advanced and Developed countries with best health infrastructure.
Let us all believe in our childhood. Our time spent outdoors. The way we experienced monsoons.
It’s time for ALL OF US TO INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY BOOST OUR IMMUNE SYSTEMS BY POSITIVE BIOFEEDBACK
THATS IS CONTINUE TO TELL YOURSELF
WE ARE INDIANS
WE ARE A CIVILIZATION
WE ARE DIVERSE
WE ARE RESILIENT
WE HAVE FACED STIFFER CHALLENGES
WE WOULD DEFEAT COVID 19
WE WOULD SURVIVE
WE WOULD WIN
WE WOULD RECOVER
WE WOULD WORK HARD TO RECOUP LOSSES
WE WOULD REBUILD THIS GREAT COUNTRY
WE WOULD NOT PERMIT ANY SUCH CHALLENGE IN FUTURE
WE LOVE INDIA AND
NOTHING GREATER THAN THIS COUNTRY
Dr Nandkumar Kamat
Tenth day of lockdown.