IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
ORIGINAL WRIT JURISDICTION
I.A No. _______ OF 2014
WRIT PETITION (CIVIL) No. 176 OF 2009
IN THE MATTER OF
Ram Jethmalani & Ors. Petitioners
Union of India & Ors. Respondents
APPLICATION FOR DIRECTIONS
The Hon’ble Chief Justice of India and His Companion Justices of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
The petitioner humbly begs to submit as under:
MOST REPECTFULLY SHOWETH :
- The Applicants/Petitioners have filed the present Writ Petition under Article 32 of the Constitution of India seeking reliefs prayed for therein. The Applicants/Petitioners further crave leave that the entire record in support of the Writ Petition may be produced at the time of hearing of this Application on which the Petitioner seeks to rely. The Petitioner further craves leave to rely on the reply Affidavit dated 27.10.2014 to I.A no. 14/2014.
- The information regarding names of Indian individuals or entities having accounts in Geneva branch of HSBC’s Swiss subsidiary HSBC Private Bank was obtained from a former Bank employee by the French Government. The French Government gave a list of account holders and other connected information in Geneva branch of HSBC Bank way back in June 2011.
- That the Applicants/Petitioners who are the original Writ Petitioners are seeking copies of all the correspondence and all the information that Union of India has received from the French government in respect of account holders in the Geneva branch of HSBC Bank or HSBC’s subsidiary.
- That the Application is bonafide and made in the interest of justice.
In view of the above it is therefore most respectfully prayed that this Hon’ble Court may be pleased :-
- To direct Respondents to supply copies of all the correspondence and all the information that Union of India has received from the French government in respect of or in relation to Indian account holders in the Geneva branch of HSBC Bank and/or HSBC’s subsidiary; and
- Pass any other or such further orders as this Hon’ble Court may deem fit and proper in the interest of justice.
|Place: New DelhiDate: 27.10.2014||
Advocate on Record for the